About This Blog ~ This blog is about a series of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) super-hero, sci-fi, fantasy adventure novels called Rainbow Arc of Fire. The main characters are imbued with extraordinary abilities. Their exploits are both varied and exciting, from a GLBT and a human perspective. You can follow Greg, Paul, Marina, Joan, William, and Joseph, as well as several others along the way, as they battle extraordinary foes or take on environmental threats all around the globe and even in outer space. You can access synopses of the ten books using the individual links on the upper, left-hand column.





The more recent posts are about events or issues that either are mentioned in one or more books in the series or at least influenced the writing of the series.










Thursday, November 10, 2011

The process, Part III

As of late yesterday, my transcripts from Dominguez Hills still had not arrived. Tomorrow is a legal holiday for the Air Force and the post office. That means, if I don't get the transcripts today, I definitely won't get them tomorrow. Saturday afternoon mail delivery will likely be too late to get them to the Academy by Monday. The college said they would send them out last Friday, priority mail.

If they do arrive later today, I will probably use FedEx or UPS instead of the post office since they will be closed. I don't know if they would be able to send my application package on Saturday anyway. And, if I did try to mail it late today, they still might not get it there on Monday.

I am now also having to contemplate driving down to the Air Force Academy on Monday morning and hand delivering my packet, that is if the transcripts arrive in the mail today or Saturday.

It should not have had to be this hard. I ordered them more than a month ago and paid handsomely for two sets of each of my MA degree and BA degree transcripts, separately. Yet, even though there were no problems with my MA degree transcripts, the college still did not bother to send those out separately, weeks ago.

Waiting 32 years to have even a slim chance to return to the best job I ever had, and now I have to worry because something as simple as "Official" transcripts not arrving could undo the whole process.






No comments: