About This Blog ~ This blog is about a series of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) super-hero, sci-fi, fantasy adventure novels called Rainbow Arc of Fire. The main characters are imbued with extraordinary abilities. Their exploits are both varied and exciting, from a GLBT and a human perspective. You can follow Greg, Paul, Marina, Joan, William, and Joseph, as well as several others along the way, as they battle extraordinary foes or take on environmental threats all around the globe and even in outer space. You can access synopses of the ten books using the individual links on the upper, left-hand column.





The more recent posts are about events or issues that either are mentioned in one or more books in the series or at least influenced the writing of the series.










Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Christmas 1972, 8940 Cypress Avenue

The Christmas tree is behind me.  I am holding onto the handle bars of my new Peugeot 10-speed bike.  Frankly, I don't recall riding this bike much because South Gate, this being the early 70's, did not have bike riding trails.  The side streets were narrow.  The main streets too busy with traffic and no place to actually ride along them safely.  But I had always wanted a really nice bike and bought this one.

I am wearing a fancy (rented) tuxedo because Mike was getting married that evening in Bell, and I was asked to be his best man. 

I was still trying to get into the Coast Guard officer's training program because my scores for Air Force OTS were not good enough.

Although I would not know it at the time this picture was taken, this would be our last Christmas in South Gate.  The year ahead would begin slowly but would eventually send me on the path I am still heavily influenced by today.



No comments: