About This Blog ~ This blog is about a series of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) super-hero, sci-fi, fantasy adventure novels called Rainbow Arc of Fire. The main characters are imbued with extraordinary abilities. Their exploits are both varied and exciting, from a GLBT and a human perspective. You can follow Greg, Paul, Marina, Joan, William, and Joseph, as well as several others along the way, as they battle extraordinary foes or take on environmental threats all around the globe and even in outer space. You can access synopses of the ten books using the individual links on the upper, left-hand column.





The more recent posts are about events or issues that either are mentioned in one or more books in the series or at least influenced the writing of the series.










Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Las Canoas Trailer Park, the 1960's, Mazatlan

My Uncle Leon left the United States during WWII and settled in Mexico.  He eventually married a Mexican citizen, Lourdes, and they had several children:  Jose and four others.
 
I never have met any of my cousins, nor Aunt Lourdes.  I have only met Uncle Leon on a couple of occasions, the last time when my father was in an emergency room, dying, in April of 2002.
 
With my Grandfather Sanchez's financial help, and his wife's Mexican citizenship, Uncle Leon was able to buy the trailer park on the ocean in Mazatlan.  I have also never been to Mazatlan, and especially not to the trailer park.  My sister, however, has been there of a few occasions of the years.
 
Most of what I have ever known about Las Canoas trailer park is from looking at the post card duplicated above.  According to my sister, the vicinity around the trailer park has changed considerably as Mazatlan has become a more prominent Mexican resort.
 
Since a portion of the trailer park was in my cousin Jose's name, he sold his portion without my uncle's permission.  I have also heard that my cousin Jose, before he committed suicide several years ago, was gay.
 
If true, I find it fascinating that both my father and his younger brother's oldest offspring were gay.


No comments: