About This Blog ~ This blog is about a series of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) super-hero, sci-fi, fantasy adventure novels called Rainbow Arc of Fire. The main characters are imbued with extraordinary abilities. Their exploits are both varied and exciting, from a GLBT and a human perspective. You can follow Greg, Paul, Marina, Joan, William, and Joseph, as well as several others along the way, as they battle extraordinary foes or take on environmental threats all around the globe and even in outer space. You can access synopses of the ten books using the individual links on the upper, left-hand column.





The more recent posts are about events or issues that either are mentioned in one or more books in the series or at least influenced the writing of the series.










Friday, October 19, 2012

Mom's rental house on 13th Street in San Pedro, circa 1975

When I left for San Antonio and OTS in the summer of 1973, mom moved to San Pedro.  I returned in December of 1973 until the very beginning of 1974, before I flew to Minot after New Year's Eve.
 
This picture could have been taken then, or when I was at Vandenberg AFB in the spring of 1974, during one of the several weekends I drove down there.  More likely, this was later, in 1975, when I was at Vandenberg in May of '75 for the missile launch and had my new camera.
 
I really don't recall how many months mom lived in that rental house on 13th Street before the owners needed her to move out.  Sometime later, she moved into two other rental houses before she finally moved into the senior Harbor Towers high rise where she would spend the next twenty-five years before we were forced to move her to an assisted living facility in San Pedro and then a nursing home near where my sister lived in Maryland, in 2002, before she died in June of that year. 
 
This photograph of Ann and her first husband, Mark, is of the front steps leading up to the porch where I am standing.  This appears to have been taken with my new Canon camera that I got in 1975.  If that is true, then even the Disney photographs with Uncle Robert would have had to have been taken in 1975, as well, and not 1974.



No comments: