About This Blog ~ This blog is about a series of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) super-hero, sci-fi, fantasy adventure novels called Rainbow Arc of Fire. The main characters are imbued with extraordinary abilities. Their exploits are both varied and exciting, from a GLBT and a human perspective. You can follow Greg, Paul, Marina, Joan, William, and Joseph, as well as several others along the way, as they battle extraordinary foes or take on environmental threats all around the globe and even in outer space. You can access synopses of the ten books using the individual links on the upper, left-hand column.





The more recent posts are about events or issues that either are mentioned in one or more books in the series or at least influenced the writing of the series.










Friday, May 7, 2010

Poetry, Part Twenty-eight

As the years passed, the assignment at Minot became a grind, especially when friends and acquaintances left for other assignments or left the Air Force entirely.

And, in my third year there, I also had to think about my next assignment, my Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move. It would, of course, be the Academy; but I certainly had no idea what awaited me there.

PCS

I take from Saturn when I see her closer
the gravity we know
and wonder why she yields to our darkness
her reflection.
To never be one of earth's own,
I would claim another planet,
barren as we sense them
so as not to be some court recorder
whose minute of recollection is lost
amid trials seemingly more abundant
than miles a light year detects.

And then I could say I just landed to scan all of this.

I am unable to order my cells forth.
And when other men at last leave this earth,
my body will have reached a limit long before.
Yet in the show of our star near dying,
the fiber once us may fire off
and never be asking from which weakened world
each found release.


No comments: