About This Blog ~ This blog is about a series of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) super-hero, sci-fi, fantasy adventure novels called Rainbow Arc of Fire. The main characters are imbued with extraordinary abilities. Their exploits are both varied and exciting, from a GLBT and a human perspective. You can follow Greg, Paul, Marina, Joan, William, and Joseph, as well as several others along the way, as they battle extraordinary foes or take on environmental threats all around the globe and even in outer space. You can access synopses of the ten books using the individual links on the upper, left-hand column.





The more recent posts are about events or issues that either are mentioned in one or more books in the series or at least influenced the writing of the series.










Sunday, May 20, 2012

Daylin, Ann and Darryl, Thanksgiving 1969

Since I took all the pictures, there are none of me.  However, this is the only picture of which I am aware that I have of my 1966 Ford Mustang GT convertible.  (Not counting the color slide that Dave Moore once had of my Mustang where you could see the fog lamps and bumper.)

We are in front of Aunt Jean and Uncle Lloyd's house in San Leandro before our return drive back to South Gate.  While we arrived taking I-5 through the San Joaquin valley and through San Jose, we decided to drive back along the coast highway (the one Ann and I kept getting sick on when we were infants in the early 1950's). 

We dropped Ann off at the University of Santa Barbara where she met up with a guy she was briefly dating, in addition to Daylin.

Daylin eventually met a girl at USC and they moved in together in an apartment near the campus.  I continued to work out in their garage, having become friends with Darryl for the next several years when he attended the University of California at Riverside.  I don't have any pictures of those years when I would head out there to spend some time with him, or when he would be back at their parents' house in South Gate. 

Daylin would eventually marry his girlfriend from school, but it didn't last for too many years.  I did find him on the Internet a few years ago, and we exchanged one email reply from him to two from me to him.  I guess he's been single for all the decades since his divorce. 

For the years that we were friends, he'd had a reel-to-reel tape recorder that he used to tape most of the records in my growing collection.  In the divorce, he gave his wife the reel-to-reel but he kept all the spools of tapes.  He did tell me in his email reply that he was still single and had no children.  Darryl, on the other hand, had four kids.  Both were professors at colleges.




No comments: