About This Blog ~ This blog is about a series of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) super-hero, sci-fi, fantasy adventure novels called Rainbow Arc of Fire. The main characters are imbued with extraordinary abilities. Their exploits are both varied and exciting, from a GLBT and a human perspective. You can follow Greg, Paul, Marina, Joan, William, and Joseph, as well as several others along the way, as they battle extraordinary foes or take on environmental threats all around the globe and even in outer space. You can access synopses of the ten books using the individual links on the upper, left-hand column.





The more recent posts are about events or issues that either are mentioned in one or more books in the series or at least influenced the writing of the series.










Thursday, February 16, 2012

Baby's Christening Day


On a later page is the information about my Christening Day, October 30, 1949. I was named for my dad's initials (the Earl middle name came from my mom's favorite teacher in White Cloud, Earl Rose). The God Parents were Lt. M.J. Patton (Proxy was Sgt. Merrill Grantham); Mrs. Lucette Tschirhart (Proxy - Miss Elizabeth - Betty - Chaires). It was held at the MacDill A.F. Base Catholic Church and conducted by Father Hurley.

In the album are pictures of me at one month, two months, six months, and seven months. Mom also kept track of how much I weighed until one year old: I was 25 3/4 lbs. By then, my sister had been born and mom had two infants to raise.






No comments: