About This Blog ~ This blog is about a series of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) super-hero, sci-fi, fantasy adventure novels called Rainbow Arc of Fire. The main characters are imbued with extraordinary abilities. Their exploits are both varied and exciting, from a GLBT and a human perspective. You can follow Greg, Paul, Marina, Joan, William, and Joseph, as well as several others along the way, as they battle extraordinary foes or take on environmental threats all around the globe and even in outer space. You can access synopses of the ten books using the individual links on the upper, left-hand column.





The more recent posts are about events or issues that either are mentioned in one or more books in the series or at least influenced the writing of the series.










Sunday, July 8, 2012

Den Zito at the El Cortez Hotel, San Diego, summer 1973

I wouldn't get a fancy new camera like Dennis is holding for a couple more years.  David Zito would actually purchase one for me when he was stationed in Japan while I was in the Air Force.

At some point that spring of 1973, I do recall that when Mike was then a sock salesman for Neuvil Hosiery, and was working down in San Diego, I flew down there, he met me at the airport, and we spent a pleasant dinner at night at the El Cortez Hotel, taking the glass elevator up to the restaurant level.

I would not revisit San Diego after this trip with the Zito brothers until flying there for ComicCon in the early 2000's.  (Mike and I would drive through San Diego on one occasion when he moved back to Southern California in the later 1980's.  A few years before that, I would drive through San Diego on my way home to Southern California during Christmas vacation in 1978 from the Academy.)

I would meet up with the Zito's on a few different occasions in the later 1970's.




No comments: