About This Blog ~ This blog is about a series of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) super-hero, sci-fi, fantasy adventure novels called Rainbow Arc of Fire. The main characters are imbued with extraordinary abilities. Their exploits are both varied and exciting, from a GLBT and a human perspective. You can follow Greg, Paul, Marina, Joan, William, and Joseph, as well as several others along the way, as they battle extraordinary foes or take on environmental threats all around the globe and even in outer space. You can access synopses of the ten books using the individual links on the upper, left-hand column.





The more recent posts are about events or issues that either are mentioned in one or more books in the series or at least influenced the writing of the series.










Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hondo Field, TX, summer 1973

Someone used my camera to snap a picture of me getting ready to climb aboard the Cessna.

Unfortunately, he did a couple of clearing turns after we got airborne, and I puked my guts up.  We'd been sitting around all day, waiting to fly and eating burgers and drinking sodas in the hot sun.  My stomach acid had probably been churning since before noon. 

The short end of it was that I had paid, I dunno, $20 bucks or so, to have someone get me really airsick.  Plus, with the Flight Screening Program only a few weeks away, I was seriously questioning if I was going to make it as a pilot in the Air Force.  I was severely bummed for the rest of the day.



No comments: