About This Blog ~ This blog is about a series of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) super-hero, sci-fi, fantasy adventure novels called Rainbow Arc of Fire. The main characters are imbued with extraordinary abilities. Their exploits are both varied and exciting, from a GLBT and a human perspective. You can follow Greg, Paul, Marina, Joan, William, and Joseph, as well as several others along the way, as they battle extraordinary foes or take on environmental threats all around the globe and even in outer space. You can access synopses of the ten books using the individual links on the upper, left-hand column.





The more recent posts are about events or issues that either are mentioned in one or more books in the series or at least influenced the writing of the series.










Sunday, July 29, 2012

Thank you!

Taking a break from my "Photographs of You and Me" series for a moment here, I wanted to thank one of you followers of my blog for going onto amazon.com and ordering all eight volumes of the Rainbow Arc of Fire series of paperback books.

Amazon.com just sent me an email early this morning to order replacement copies for their inventory.  This obviously means that, instead of cancelling the series in paperback on their site, with this new order by one of you, they will likely maintain an inventory for the foreseeable future.  (They do not make it easy to get cancelled books returned, and I was rather saddened by the thought that their inventory of my books was going to be destroyed rather than, at the very least, given away.)

Rainbow Arc of Fire has always been a cottage industry for me for all of these years of its existence, and certainly a labor of love for every one of those years.  After the initial conclusion of the Tales of the City series (which Armistead Maupin has renewed twice now with Michael Toliver Lives! and Maryann in Autumn) , and with the passage of Amendment 2 in 1992, in Colorado, I always felt compelled to write RAoF.  What you see here is the direct result of that compulsion.

These characters seemed destined to come into existence, and I often felt like a midwife, responsible for their emergence but not entirely in control of how it all turned out.  Much like a medium being spoken through by the spirit world, I felt these characters appeared to be writing their own adventures as dictation.  I was Dr. Watson to their Sherlock Holmes.

From 1994 until well into the 2000's, I worked on one volume and then another, not really certain when the series might conclude.  The flier above is the one Anita, my visual and cover artist, created after the first six volumes were completed. 

Obviously, four more volumes were to come after those first six.  Fortunately, David Small created this blog for me to keep the series alive.  And, apparently, one of you readers did want to see the paperback books remain available on amazon.com.  For that I am profoundly grateful.

For all of you who follow this blog, I am also grateful.  While I may have had a somewhat typical existence for the past 62 years, my life, like all of your lives, like the lives of everyone else on this planet, is unique.  One of a kind.  Exactly like no other.  A snowflake.

By reading my blog and/or buying my books, whether in paperback or as Kindle Editions, you touch my life in return.  Just as all of those individuals who are in these many photographs that I continue to post touched my life, people weave in and out of our lives all of the time.  They all leave an impression on us, even if, years later, we do not always remember their names or, perhaps, never learn their names in the first place.     





 



No comments: