About This Blog ~ This blog is about a series of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) super-hero, sci-fi, fantasy adventure novels called Rainbow Arc of Fire. The main characters are imbued with extraordinary abilities. Their exploits are both varied and exciting, from a GLBT and a human perspective. You can follow Greg, Paul, Marina, Joan, William, and Joseph, as well as several others along the way, as they battle extraordinary foes or take on environmental threats all around the globe and even in outer space. You can access synopses of the ten books using the individual links on the upper, left-hand column.





The more recent posts are about events or issues that either are mentioned in one or more books in the series or at least influenced the writing of the series.










Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hondo Field, TX, summer 1973

I used to know the names of all of these flight members, but no longer.  It was too long ago.  The picture with the canopy, I don't remember any of their names.  In the second picture, that's Brian Bauries standing to my right and me sitting.  I don't remember the other guy.

Our flight commander for the first six weeks was a prior service Air Force enlisted man, then a Captain.  We were told to evaluate our other flight members by saying one positive and one negative thing about each one of us.  When I was called into his office to hear what all of the others had written about me, each one had said something different as to a positive quality.  He was startled and told me that he had never had that happen before.  Usually, most of the members of a flight would say some of the same positive things, but never each one choosing a different quality.

I do recall that one flight member, and I suspect David Hunn, but I could be wrong, picked something negative as a positive quality, as well.  His negative choice was really negative:  "apple polisher and boot licker."  Nice.  The flight commander said he did not see those qualities in me at all.




No comments: