About This Blog ~ This blog is about a series of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) super-hero, sci-fi, fantasy adventure novels called Rainbow Arc of Fire. The main characters are imbued with extraordinary abilities. Their exploits are both varied and exciting, from a GLBT and a human perspective. You can follow Greg, Paul, Marina, Joan, William, and Joseph, as well as several others along the way, as they battle extraordinary foes or take on environmental threats all around the globe and even in outer space. You can access synopses of the ten books using the individual links on the upper, left-hand column.





The more recent posts are about events or issues that either are mentioned in one or more books in the series or at least influenced the writing of the series.










Monday, December 17, 2012

First photos of 6555 Palmer Park Blvd, Summer 1978

I don't believe that our houses in Tampa, FL, or Santa Ana, CA, were brand new when we moved in in the late 1940's or early 1950's.  Our house on Foxley Drive in Whittier was definitely new, as was the triplex in Orange, CA.
 
But this was my own first new home.  I realize now that this might be the only new home of my own.
 
Although it was quite far from the Air Force Academy complex on the north side of Colorado Springs, there were few signals between my home and the Academy when I first moved in.
 
However, that was not to last.  During that first year on living on Cimmaron Hills at 6555 Palmer Park Boulevard, I counted approximately 13 new signals going up that year.  In later years, long after I'd been force to resign, traffic on Academy Boulevard would increase until such a drive would be a long one.
 
But that was all in the future.
 
Late that summer my house would be completed and I would move in.  My interest rate was 9.5 percent.  I was house poor and would be for quite some time.  Furniture would come later, sometimes a few years later.  Several years later, I would be plagued by the poor piping they used for the plumbing--it was plastic and deteriorated over time.
 
This tract of homes, as were several all over Colorado Springs, was built by Gendron Homes.  They provided a certain amount of sod for the lawns.  I managed to get away with not putting up fences since my neighbors all around installed them.
 
I would also discover that my neighbor below me was in the English Department, as well.  She had picked an even bigger home from Gendron, specifically this far away from the Academy to have some privacy since she was lesbian.  She was very disappointed to discover that I lived above her home.  But we eventually figured out that we were both gay, so her privacy remained intact.




No comments: