About This Blog ~ This blog is about a series of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) super-hero, sci-fi, fantasy adventure novels called Rainbow Arc of Fire. The main characters are imbued with extraordinary abilities. Their exploits are both varied and exciting, from a GLBT and a human perspective. You can follow Greg, Paul, Marina, Joan, William, and Joseph, as well as several others along the way, as they battle extraordinary foes or take on environmental threats all around the globe and even in outer space. You can access synopses of the ten books using the individual links on the upper, left-hand column.





The more recent posts are about events or issues that either are mentioned in one or more books in the series or at least influenced the writing of the series.










Friday, December 14, 2012

Mike Mebs, and Linda and Dennis Madura at Mike and Lida's house in the Valley, circa 1981

I included this photo here because it and one other, poorly lit, were the last two that I have of Dennis and Linda Madura.  The back of the photograph indicates it was developed in January of 1981, after I was out of the Air Force; so this was probably taken during the Christmas holiday week of 1980.
 
I had begun working at Kaman Sciences in Colorado Springs in June of 1980.  They typically gave their employees the Christmas to New Year's week off, so that, unlike my years in the Air Force when it was difficult to get leave that week, it was often the time I visited California and all of my friends there.
 
As with the Zito's and the Schurrs and the Durrs, I wonder how Dennis and Linda are doing these days and how their children have grown since they were very young when I last saw them in the early or mid 1980's.




No comments: