About This Blog ~ This blog is about a series of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) super-hero, sci-fi, fantasy adventure novels called Rainbow Arc of Fire. The main characters are imbued with extraordinary abilities. Their exploits are both varied and exciting, from a GLBT and a human perspective. You can follow Greg, Paul, Marina, Joan, William, and Joseph, as well as several others along the way, as they battle extraordinary foes or take on environmental threats all around the globe and even in outer space. You can access synopses of the ten books using the individual links on the upper, left-hand column.





The more recent posts are about events or issues that either are mentioned in one or more books in the series or at least influenced the writing of the series.










Friday, August 17, 2012

742nd Strategic Missile Squadron in front of the 91st Strategic Missile Wing building

Taking a break from that long trip, this is a photograph of my squadron, taken in front of the Wing Building.  The three missiles squadrons were located in the basement, through those main doors and down the stairs. 

Using a magnifying glass, I found myself in the fourth row from the left, second person in from the back row.   Our squadron commander was my favorite during my entire time at Minot.  During his tenure, I made my reputation at Minot. 

As a deputy with Captain Bill Graham, I got one Qualified (Q) and one Highly Qualified (HQ) rating on our two Standboard evaluations.  (The Standboard evaluator did not like Bill and talked him into getting a major error on our first check ride in the missile trainer.  I was occupied doing something else with the Standboard deputy and should not have been given the error but got it anyway.)  With Captain Dan Gurganus, I also got one Q rating and another HQ rating.  With Captain Tim Sholtis, I got a third HQ rating as a Deputy Missile Combat Crew Commander (DMCCC).

Then I upgraded to a Missile Combat Crew Commander (MCCC) as a 1st Lieutenant.  I was paired with a second Lieutenant out of Vandenberg.  We got two HQ ratings together.  My next deputy was 2nd Lieutenant Pat Johnson, and we also got another HQ rating.  I was finally paired with 2nd Lieutenant Jake Gladden and we got my final HQ rating.  At that time then, I had seven HQ ratings and two Q ratings as a deputy and commander, which was second best in the entire Wing t the time.  I never had a "bust" during a check ride. 



No comments: