About This Blog ~ This blog is about a series of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) super-hero, sci-fi, fantasy adventure novels called Rainbow Arc of Fire. The main characters are imbued with extraordinary abilities. Their exploits are both varied and exciting, from a GLBT and a human perspective. You can follow Greg, Paul, Marina, Joan, William, and Joseph, as well as several others along the way, as they battle extraordinary foes or take on environmental threats all around the globe and even in outer space. You can access synopses of the ten books using the individual links on the upper, left-hand column.





The more recent posts are about events or issues that either are mentioned in one or more books in the series or at least influenced the writing of the series.










Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Looking down from the Overlook, and the mystery sign

The top photograph is of the river far below the Overlook.

I know now, but I did not know then what rappelling was.  I always think of the Jefferson Airplane lyric when I see that picture, "We're doing things that haven't got a name yet."  Of course, this was prohibiting something that had a name, though I had no idea what it was.

I told Chuck on this trip that I had read about this Renault Dauphin that was found at the bottom of a New York lake.  When it was dredged up, and discovered to have had very low mileage, after an investigation, it was found to have been newly owned by a family of four that had gone on a trip after purchasing the car, run off the highway, and all had drown at the bottom of that lake, where their corpses had remained since 1960.

I then kidded Chuck, "Yeah, they found out that the passengers were actually Judge Crater, Emelia Earhart, Ambrose Bierce, and Glenn Miller."  His eyes widened, then I continued,  "In the trunk, they also found Jimmy Hoffa's body in a bag."  He looked at me for a moment as if he was almost ready to believe me then burst into laughter when he realized that I was definitely joking about the five famous individuals in history who had vanished mysteriously. 


No comments: