About This Blog ~ This blog is about a series of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) super-hero, sci-fi, fantasy adventure novels called Rainbow Arc of Fire. The main characters are imbued with extraordinary abilities. Their exploits are both varied and exciting, from a GLBT and a human perspective. You can follow Greg, Paul, Marina, Joan, William, and Joseph, as well as several others along the way, as they battle extraordinary foes or take on environmental threats all around the globe and even in outer space. You can access synopses of the ten books using the individual links on the upper, left-hand column.





The more recent posts are about events or issues that either are mentioned in one or more books in the series or at least influenced the writing of the series.










Sunday, August 5, 2012

Beth and Den Zito at Havelock, NC, August 1974

Several photographs, beginning with this one, I dated them November 1974; however, that previous photograph of my visit to Havelock was from their camera and marked on the back by Beth as August '74.  I would visit the Zito extended family, and even meet Den and David's father and mother, and that would be over a Thanksgiving weekend.  But that would be a year or two later and not in 1974.  So, August '74 is far more likely to have been when I flew down to North Carolina, perhaps via Norfolk and Piedmont Airlines.  I know for certain that I returned to my connecting flight on a YS-11 Japanese-made turboprop.

So, these photographs indicate that I had a busy summer that first year in Minot.  I had been in Vandenberg in the Spring.  In June I had accompanied that "can" to Wright-Patterson AFB in Ohio.  My mom flew up to visit in August, and later in August I flew to North Carolina to visit the Zito's.

Here they are getting ready to open the door to Beth's car, a Chevy Malibu, I believe.


Missile Launch Facility (Golgotha)

I know it now.
As long ago as these were implanted
there is no war.
At the point of succeeding fear,
through the great, wide extremities of earth,
these silver spikes are driven.
The heart is spared,
but spirit-urges lie as a sacrifice.
Fenced-in, connected sections cross the plains,
stunned against the thought of taking life.
We bind both savior and vampire alike,
each victim.


No comments: