About This Blog ~ This blog is about a series of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) super-hero, sci-fi, fantasy adventure novels called Rainbow Arc of Fire. The main characters are imbued with extraordinary abilities. Their exploits are both varied and exciting, from a GLBT and a human perspective. You can follow Greg, Paul, Marina, Joan, William, and Joseph, as well as several others along the way, as they battle extraordinary foes or take on environmental threats all around the globe and even in outer space. You can access synopses of the ten books using the individual links on the upper, left-hand column.





The more recent posts are about events or issues that either are mentioned in one or more books in the series or at least influenced the writing of the series.










Tuesday, August 7, 2012

BOQ Buddies, circa 1975, Minot AFB

This was probably in the fall of 1975, note the Jack O' Lantern in their hands.  These were taken using my new Canon camera, so they are certainly after the Spring of 1975, when I first got the camera.

I may have made my Jack O' Lantern punch for the occasion:  apple cider, Orange Crush, cloves, Jamaican All Spice, and cinnamon sticks, all heated over a low burner for about an hour or more. 

The top two are guys lived in my BOQ building.  Wilmer Mitchell is the guy on the right.  I want to say that the guy on the left in the top photograph is Bill Mauney, who also lived down the hallway from me, but I'm not sure.

The guy in the bottom photograph, playing the headless horseman, is the fellow who would build my record shelves for me, as well as the stereo equipment shelves in the earlier picture.  He lived in one of the bungalows. 

That all must have happened after these pictures were taken because those are Air Force-supplied Oak shelves, and I soon filled them up with albums and needed something bigger.  And the stereo equipment on the top was the first I owned in Minot, replaced by what you see in the earlier photograph of the large shelf.



No comments: