About This Blog ~ This blog is about a series of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) super-hero, sci-fi, fantasy adventure novels called Rainbow Arc of Fire. The main characters are imbued with extraordinary abilities. Their exploits are both varied and exciting, from a GLBT and a human perspective. You can follow Greg, Paul, Marina, Joan, William, and Joseph, as well as several others along the way, as they battle extraordinary foes or take on environmental threats all around the globe and even in outer space. You can access synopses of the ten books using the individual links on the upper, left-hand column.





The more recent posts are about events or issues that either are mentioned in one or more books in the series or at least influenced the writing of the series.










Thursday, August 2, 2012

Tim and Greg finally arrive at Minot, April 1974

All is well, as someone takes our picture for us when we finally pulled into one of the BOQ parking lots after our long journey from Vandenberg, several days earlier. 

The day before, we were still driving across Montana and then North Dakota.  As night fell, we were still cruising along a modern highway across southern North Dakota.  Possibly out of boredome, Tim kept pulling off the road and into several rest stops along the way, not even slowing down and certainly not stopping.  He would then lurch back out and onto the freeway.  One time was slightly amusing.  Twice and then three times was getting annoying.

We finally had to stop for the night in Bismark, a couple of hours south of Minot.  I had already called the Squadron and explained that I would be one day late and was chided just a bit by Colonel Kukowski, the Squadron Commander.   I had already eaten into my leave so that I would not have any days off for several months to come.

That morning, Tim had left an early wake up call with the front desk of the motel.  However, when the phone rang, I had to get up and answer it.  He still soundly slept.  I called out to him to get up, but still he slept away.  Finally, out of frustration, I hurled a pillow at this head.  He then woke up but loudly barked back at me for tossing the pillow.  I then barked at him.

At breakfast, I then gave him the silent treatment.  All of these hissy fits by both of us was definitely because of the many frustrations that had built up on the long drive through several wide Western states.  But now, in the photo above, we were finally at our home for the next four plus years.  By this time, I would have my own BOQ room, which made me feel even more at home.


No comments: