About This Blog ~ This blog is about a series of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) super-hero, sci-fi, fantasy adventure novels called Rainbow Arc of Fire. The main characters are imbued with extraordinary abilities. Their exploits are both varied and exciting, from a GLBT and a human perspective. You can follow Greg, Paul, Marina, Joan, William, and Joseph, as well as several others along the way, as they battle extraordinary foes or take on environmental threats all around the globe and even in outer space. You can access synopses of the ten books using the individual links on the upper, left-hand column.





The more recent posts are about events or issues that either are mentioned in one or more books in the series or at least influenced the writing of the series.










Saturday, August 4, 2012

Minot AFB Welcome Sign, inside the front gate, August 1974

I am sure that I also took this during mom's visit, given the date on the photograph.

The entrance was to the right, and the BOQ buildings were to the left, if you kept following the main road.


Minot AFB

Darkness.
Without pairs of rolling lights from the main gate,
I would lose one way out to blindness.

If the only connection between Point Loma
and this base is mine, I am
no less free than I have been.

And since I never hear those dead,
or ever know a living thought
saving my own,
I have no communicating as others.
Worthlessly still I arrange
contact on paper.
Trying to continue through any interruption.

One, and then another day's distractions
prevent succeeding grief's reaction.
No scale or grid of suffering
(enough to realize what hurts
that any pain is well enough).

I know as much will remain
as sufficient to remember what was lost.
Of cities pushed from civilization
as they no longer link to provide.





No comments: